Which two United States Presidents visited the Capitol after they died? What happened to the "lost" Capitol murals and their eccentric artist? Does the secret demon carved in stone hold a Capitol curse? Does the night watchman who died in the Capitol Fire of 1911 still make his rounds? Explore these questions and other tales of sightings and strange things on our Special Capitol Hauntings Tour of the New York State Capitol. The tour lasts about an hour, but the chilling tales might haunt you forever.
Given from September 25 through November 1, the FREE Capitol Hauntings Tours will be offered:
- Weekdays: 5:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, September 25 through October 25.
- These tours start at the information desk located in the Capitol’s State Street Lobby.
- Monday, October 28, through Friday, November 1: 5:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. every day.
- Saturdays: 1:00 P.M for the month of October.
- These tours start at the Washington Avenue entrance of the Capitol across from the intersection of Washington Avenue and Hawk Street.
- No tours will be offered on Columbus Day, Monday, October 14.