The OGS Plaza Ambassador Program is seeking volunteers to assist with the work of the Empire State Plaza Visitor Center. This is a terrific opportunity to meet people, perform a real public service and participate in an interesting and stimulating activity. Volunteers can choose from the following duties:
Providing Visitor Assistance on the Empire State Plaza
The Empire State Plaza is a unique government complex with a world-class art collection, museum, performing arts center and more. Volunteers staff the Visitor Center and Information booths on the Concourse level of the Plaza and in the Capitol, offering directions and assistance to visitors. The Plaza Ambassador Program is affiliated with the Capital Region RSVP (Retired & Senior Volunteer Program).
Staffing the Corning Tower 42nd Floor Observation Deck
The Corning Tower is the tallest building in the state outside of New York City, with beautiful views of the Capital Region from the 42nd floor Observation Deck. Volunteers staff the Observation Deck, offering information and directions to visitors.
- Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Free parking is provided.
- enjoy working with the public and be able to volunteer for a period of at least six months.
- be available for a minimum of one morning or afternoon per week.
- be at least 18 years old and will undergo a background check.