Guest Authorization Procedure/Protocol
Upon arrival at a security screening access point, visitors must provide valid identification to State Police personnel who will verify an individual’s full vaccination status; this applies to all guests ages 5 and older.
Individuals are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 when at least two weeks have passed after receiving either:
- The second dose in a two-dose series (i.e., Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or
- A single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen)
Personal identification with name and photo or date of birth is also required for visitors ages 18 and older.
Examples of accepted forms of identification include a valid:
- Driver’s license
- Non-driver government ID card, or
Proof of vaccination may include:
- Excelsior Pass
- Excelsior Pass Plus
- SMART Health Cards issued outside of New York State
- Full-course vaccination through NYC COVID Safe app
- A CDC Vaccination Card, or
- Other official immunization record
Those who received the vaccine outside the United States must have an official immunization record that includes:
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- Vaccine product name (only vaccines authorized by the FDA or WHO are acceptable)
- Date(s) administered
- Site where the vaccine was administered or the name of the person who administered it
If you are not fully vaccinated, you must provide negative test results from a test taken within 48 hours of visit.
When presenting proof of a negative Covid Test:
- Results can be a printed copy or on a phone (e.g., digital health record or email or text message from a test provider or laboratory).
- Personal identification with a name and photo or date of birth is also required for visitors ages 18 and older and must match the information on the negative test result.