With 26,000 square feet of space spanning three tiers, the Empire State Plaza Convention Hall is THE place to hold your next big event. Whether trade show conference with speakers and exhibitors, or a catered lunch or dinner for hundreds of people, the Office of General Services looks forward to working with you to customize your event’s space needs. Contact the Convention Center or submit an RFP to learn more about holding your event at the Empire State Plaza.
- 26,000 sq. feet of space
- 176' x 147' free-span space
- 11 ft. ceiling
- 82' x 64' center dance floor with a height of 18'3"
- 102' wide x 24' deep with an additional 9' apron projecting beyond the proscenium opening
- Center stage opening is 55' wide with a 17' opening at each side separated from the center stage proscenium opening by 3' wide columns
- Clear stage height is 14'
- Stage right measures approximately 44' x 17'; stage left 28' x 8'
Elevator / Center Stage
- 24' square elevator located in the middle of the dance floor
- Access to the Convention Hall from the street level area for easy load-in
- Six levels exist from the loading dock to 4'8" above the dance floor
- Theatre-style: 2,400
- Round table banquet seating: 1,110
- Rectangular table seating: 1,750
- Classroom-style seating: 952
- 8' x 10' exhibit booths: 135
- In house lighting and sound systems
- Clear Com intercom system
- Fiber optic and telephone network with central patch site connected to outside lines
- Expert technical staff to provide experienced lighting and sound consultation and operation for all events
- Backstage dressing rooms which include two private, carpeted rooms with individual makeup and shower facilities; and two additional rooms for 10 to 20 persons, each with makeup facilities and four showers
- Handicap accessibility through ramps with automatic doors and lifts situated to provide entry to each tier