Book an Event
The Empire State Plaza Convention Center provides over 50,000 square feet of versatile space for conferences, conventions, meetings, consumer shows, special events and functions of all sizes and variety.
Our team looks forward to working with you to plan and develop your event from start to finish. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. We’re happy to assist.
Please take a moment to review the following important details for planning and holding your event at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center.
Assignment of Dates
- Date availability can be obtained by contacting the Convention Center office at (518) 474-4759.
- Available dates will be tentatively reserved; a license agreement will be issued.
- The license agreement must be signed and returned with a non-refundable payment by the date stated on the agreement to hold the space.
- If this payment is not received by the prescribed date, the Manager may release the space without notice.
- When a comparable consumer shows a request on the same date, preference will be given in order of request, assuming the first party has complied with the deposit and license agreement requirements.
- A competitive show will not be booked 90 days before or 30 days after a show already booked.
- As outlined in the license agreement, a certificate of insurance must be provided at least thirty days before the event.
- The liability limits may not be less than: Bodily Injury and Property Damage, $1,000,000 for each occurrence; $2,000,000 aggregate.
- Licensee is responsible for all damages to the facility caused by the licensee, its agents, employees, vendors, patrons, guests, and artists.
- OGS is not responsible for loss of, or damage to, equipment or property owned by the licensee, its agents, employees, vendors, patrons, guests, and artists.
- Not-for-profit organizations that do not have their own insurance can request coverage by applying for a T.U.L.I.P policy (Tenants' and Users' Liability Insurance Policy). Please contact The Cool Insuring Agency to inquire about the T.U.L.I.P program at 518-783-2665.
- Tax-exempt organizations must submit appropriate tax exemption certificates along with their certificate of insurance.
- The Licensee will furnish the Center with the name, address, and work and home telephone numbers of the representative who will be the sole person authorized to make decisions, resolve problems or negotiate any alterations in procedure with the Convention Center staff.
- The representative must be present during the full run of the event.
- All physical/layout information must be presented to the Convention Center's operations staff a minimum of two weeks before the event.
- Floor plans must comply with weight limits and fire safety codes.
- Licensees using mini-computers on the Concourse must comply with FCC regulations concerning proper screening modifications that restrict the ability of the computer to interfere with police radio frequencies.
- Licensee is responsible for collecting and reporting New York State Sales Tax on retail sales.
- Licensee must provide the Center with a list of all show vendors engaged in retail sales, including names, addresses, and NYS Sales Tax Certificate numbers at least twenty days before the show.
- All registered vendors must prominently display their certificates of authority to collect state and local taxes.
- The Convention Center reserves the right to make final decisions regarding using additional staff when necessary for the safe and proper execution of an event.
- Hourly rate charges are subject to change based on prevailing wage rates.